Senior Software Engineer- Product Development
Posted by Intelligrated, Inc. (booth # 2903)
The Sr. Software Engineer, R&D will research, design, test, implement, troubleshoot, and maintain software systems to meet client or employer needs throughout the project or product lifecycle. The engineer will analyze user specifications and requirements. The engineer will use a variety of computer programming languages and applications, working in teams with other IT professionals, or alone. The Software Engineer, R&D will also oversee system startups in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide support to other departments where required.
Additional duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Researching, designing, writing and testing new software programs
• Developing existing systems by analyzing and identifying areas for modification
• Bolting together' existing software products (getting incompatible platforms to work together and creating code to link them)
• Maintaining systems by monitoring, identifying and correcting software defects
• Investigating new technologies
• Creating technical specifications and test plans
• Working with computer coding languages
• Writing operational documentation with technical authors
• Working closely with other staff, such as project managers, graphic artists, systems analysts, and sales and marketing professionals
• Consulting clients/colleagues concerning the maintenance and performance of software systems and asking questions to obtain information, clarify details, and implement information
• Constantly updating technical knowledge and skills by attending in-house and/or external courses, reading manuals and accessing new applications
• Problem-solving and thinking laterally as part of a team, or individually, to meet the needs of the project
• Bachelor Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related area (or will consider equivalent in work experience)
• Minimum three (3) years of work experience as software developer using object oriented languages (C#, .Net)
• Working knowledge or experience with WMS and WCS is preferred
• 2 Years .NET Programming preferred
• Web page development experience a plus
EEO Employer F/M/Disabled/Vets
Intelligrated® (www.intelligrated.com) is a leading North American-based, single-source provider of intelligent automated material handling solutions that drive distribution and fulfillment productivity for retailers, manufacturers and logistics providers around the world. Through a broad portfolio of automation equipment, software, service and support, Intelligrated solutions optimize processes, increase efficiency and give businesses a competitive edge.
Intelligrated designs, manufactures, integrates and installs complete material handling automation solutions including conveyor systems, sortation systems, palletizers, robotics and order picking technologies – all managed by advanced machine controls and software. Solutions include industry-leading Intelligrated-manufactured Alvey®, RTS™ and IntelliSort® brand equipment and Knighted® warehouse management (WMS), warehouse control (WCS) and labor management software.
Every project is backed by Intelligrated’s 24X7 multilingual technical support and access to lifecycle service through a network of national, regional and local service centers. From concept to integration to lifecycle support, Intelligrated automation delivers distribution and fulfillment success.
|Preferred Contact Method
||United States of America
« Back to Careers